Header Ads Widget

“People fell on top of me, I couldn’t even breathe, they were drowning me”: testimonies of tragedy in El Salvador


At least 12 people died in a stampede by fans who went to the stadium last Saturday Cuscatlán stadium, San Salvador, to see a match in the local soccer tournament between the Alianza and FAS teams, reported the National Civil Police (PNC).

“Preliminarily, we have a negative result of twelve victims, nine who are here in the stadium and three more who, we have been informed, are in different hospital centers,” the director of the PNC told the press, Mauricio Arriaza.

Sandra Argueta he was present among the thousands of people who were in the stadium during the human rush. “I had to pick up a lady who was being crushed, and that lady has stayed on the field: I had her daughter hugged and there is the dead lady,” she told La Prensa Gráfica.

“They didn’t let us in and there were a large number of fans. They want fans and here we were, we responded,” she recounted through tears. “They closed the doors on us, there were children and (elderly people). She literally had to throw us off the gate to get air. There were a bunch of people crowded together and we were drowning,” she continued.

Argueta He also said that they asked for the game to be suspended, but that the police ignored the requests. “We call for them to organize well, to put letters in the matter, there are dead people,” added the woman.

Among the survivors is Sandra Guzman40, who was admitted to the Rosales National Hospital in the capital: “A lot of people fell on top of me, I couldn’t even breathe, they were drowning me,” she told AFP early Sunday morning when she was leaving the health center .

When he was in front of the gate, he narrated: “People pushed me to get into (the stadium), they didn’t give me a chance to go back. When I came to see, I went into a crisis, I had a lot of people on top of me. I fainted. When I came to wake up, I was in the hospital”.

It is one of the most important sports tragedies in the region. Photo: EFE.

Tragedy in El Salvador: at least 12 deaths

The president of the National Sports Institute (INDES) and brother of the head of state, Yamil Bukeleshowed his solidarity with “all the families who today have lost a loved one in this sad event.”

“We have called an extraordinary meeting of the INDES Steering Committee,” which is the sponsor of the Salvadoran Major League tournament, he announced.

The President of El Salvador, Nayib Bukele, also spoke about it and reported that an “exhaustive” investigation of the teams, managers, stadium, ticket office, league, federation, among others, will be carried out. “Whoever is guilty, they will not go unpunished,” he wrote on Twitter.

Source-larepublica.pe

The post “People fell on top of me, I couldn’t even breathe, they were drowning me”: testimonies of tragedy in El Salvador appeared first on American Journal.



from News latest news and hot topics - American Journal https://ift.tt/DOfGJd0 https://ift.tt/nmbu4fa

Post a Comment

0 Comments