Header Ads Widget

He won the lottery using numbers from his deceased mother, but almost lost the prize: “I panicked”

Every Wednesday and Saturday, Kelly Firth, a Canadian woman, would buy lottery tickets for her mother, Carol, who passed away a few months ago. After her funeral, and while she was going through her father’s belongings, her female found the numbers that she used in each of the draws.

According to the British media Mirror, it was thus that Kelly Firth decided to participate in one of the lottery draws. Although she, discovering that she had lost, she tore up the ticket and threw it in the trash. Days later, she discovered that several of the numbers she had selected were winning.

“I still can’t believe I won on mom’s numbers. My daughter and I went to the store for mom every week for her lottery, “said Firth to the British tabloid, who also said that upon learning of her victory, she decided to celebrate in front of her mother’s ashes.

However, the Canadian remembered that she had thrown the winning ticket in the trash and had to look for it among the food scraps in order to redeem the money. Fortunately, she found it mostly intact and the barcode numbers legible.

“I was jumping for joy one minute, then I panicked. But I told mom we had won and I knew she was close to her,” the woman remarked, recalling how she got the ticket back from her.

Ultimately, Kelly Firth was able to redeem the prize and took home nearly $2,000.

Source-larepublica.pe

The post He won the lottery using numbers from his deceased mother, but almost lost the prize: “I panicked” appeared first on American Journal.



from News latest news and hot topics - American Journal https://ift.tt/RiwXOND https://ift.tt/M89AxI1

Post a Comment

0 Comments